*Suitable for baby led weaning!*
|Prep Time||Cooking Time||Servings|
|5 mins||25 mins||12 small Pancakes|
We love making fruity pancakes over here, and one of baby ducks favourite are these tasty blueberry flavoured ones! You can make this recipe with pretty much any berry you like, so play around with different flavours to find out your little one's favourite. We like to keep our pancakes sugar free, relying on the flavours and sweetness of the berries.
Basic Pancake Ingredients:
1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup of milk
- tub of blueberries*
- a few good sized strawberries*
- tub of raspberries*
*approximately 1 cup when blended
For the batter
- Blend the berries until it is either a smooth liquid, or if preferred, leave it chunkier for fruity bits!
- Beat an egg in a mixing bowl and add the blended berries.
- Stir in the milk and flour until all ingredients have combined into a smooth batter.
- Heat up your frying pan and melt a knob of butter whilst agitating it around the pan to cover the surface completely.
- Using a large spoon or ladle, pour approximately 2 tablespoons worth of batter onto the frying pan. This will make a bitesize pancake. Pour more batter if you would like larger pancakes.
- Wait until you can see air bubbles forming on top of the pancake, then flip it over to cook the other side. This should not take long so be sure to keep an eye on the pancake and check soon after flipping to see if it looks cooked the other side.
- My personal favourite is to serve as a stack, as pictured above.
- To add a little moisture, I layer the pancakes with natural greek yogurt in between. Beware, this gets messy once the little one gets hold of it!