|Prep Time||Cooking Time||Servings|
|10 mins||25 mins||12 small pancakes|
These pancakes are amazing as they are not only sugar free and so suitable for little ones, they are also tasty enough for you to enjoy yourself. There is a wonderful mix of sweetness from the pears that compliment the spicy taste from the cinnamon, making them a perfect pair (pun totally not intended, but thoroughly appreciated!).
1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup of milk
4 pears (plus any additional pears to eat together with the pancakes)
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup natural greek yogurt
For the batter
- Start by pealing and removing the core from the pears.
- Blend 3 pairs until smooth, leaving the 4th for later.
- Beat an egg in a mixing bowl and add the blended pears.
- Stir in the milk, flour and cinnamon until all ingredients have combined into a smooth batter.
- Heat up your frying pan and melt a knob of butter whilst agitating it around the pan to cover the surface completely.
- Using a large spoon or ladle, pour the batter into the frying pan until the pancake is your desired size (you could try making mini pancakes for little ones!).
- Wait until you can see air bubbles forming on top of the pancake, then flip it over to cook the other side. This should not take long so be sure to keep an eye on the pancake and check soon after flipping to see if it looks cooked the other side.
For the Pear Sauce
- Blend the remaining pear until smooth.
- Add half a cup of natural greek yogurt and mix together.
- My personal favourite is to serve as a stack, as pictured above.
- Spoon pear sauce between pancakes or over the top of a pancake.
- You could add additional cooked pears with a sprinkling of cinnamon to accompany your pancakes!